Saturday, July 25, 2009

Winding Down

Peanut counted down the last days of school in May and now she counts down the last days of summer. She's ready to go back to school. Ready to start the 4th (gasp! did I just say that?) grade. And I'm ready too.

Not that having her around has been a burden. She hasn't been. She's a fantastic big sister helping me when I need it. She is getting a little whiney because we've run out of places for her to go. She hit two church camps and a girl scout camp, all of which were over with by the first of July. Now she sits at home bored most of the day because her mean mean momma won't let her watch tv non-stop. Although, I'm being nicer and letting her have it on for 30 minutes here and there during the day. A lot of her friends are in daycare or some sort of program this summer so her friend choices have been limited.

But really, the reason I'm looking forward to school starting is the routine of it. I'm sure I'll be griping about it before too long, but right now I'm looking forward to the whole day with just me and Butter. Then at 3:15 telling Peanut to do her homework before her friends come over and if she left it at school then I guess they can play TOMORROW after she finishes it. It's "unfair" I know, but like I said, I'm a mean, mean momma.

Seventeen day, counting weekends, until the first day of school. We can make it.

No comments: