Thursday, June 23, 2011

Updates

It's hard to update my blog when nothing noteworthy is going on in my life. I've read several books. I've worked. I've played with the kids who are growing up way too fast. In fact, Baby Butter turns three next month. We are without our big pool this summer so we're thinking about having cousins, aunt, uncles, grandparents and friends meet up with us at the Tulsa Zoo then possibly a dip in my BIL's pool. It's still in the planning stages. But since it's just a few weeks away I better get on the ball!

Peanut recently spent a couple of weeks on the pretty side of the state. The first week she stayed with my parents who doted at her. The second week she went to the church camp I went to from the ages of 9-19. It's pretty cool that she's experiencing some of the same things I experienced at that age.  Peanut jets off for her next church camp adventure next week. She's very excited. I'm excited for her. I always hate to see her leave but I know she needs these experiences and having one less kid underfoot is sometimes a mild relief. The rest of her summer calendar is open if anyone else wants to take her! ;-)

Nickel and I celebrated our 12th anniversary this month. We went out for lunch and yes, we took the kids. That's what happens when grandparents insist on living on the pretty side of the state. Not that we would've done more had we had the sitters. We're just not that couple. We acknowledged it, kissed each other and told each other how much loved them but that's about it. 12 is not so special even if it is rare in today's society. I hear that at 17 years some couples celebrate by going to see Harry Potter. I don't know that we'll ever get that crazy!

So that in a nutshell is what's going on in Fresh-CutVille.

I did warn you it wasn't noteworthy.

1 comment:

ibmelodious said...

I am trying to figure out how to top the 17 year celebration...Maybe it can't be done...P.S. Update to your update...you added a new member to your family...Phoebe Cat.