Monday, April 23, 2018

Keto Chocolate Ice Cream

Guys, I am obsessed. I pieced together some recipes to fit the ingredients I had on hand and created my new favorite dessert and I plan on eating this all summer long. The flavor reminds me rich brownies so you know it's good.

Here's my recipe, tweak it however you need. This made 4 servings.

1 1/2 C whipping cream
1 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk (flavored optional but you have a better flavor if it is)
1/4 C Organic Cacao Powder
1/4 C Swerve
1/8 t Xanthan Gum Powder
1 t Vanilla extract
2 T MCT oil (optional)

I purchased this Ice Cream Maker from Amazon for a very reasonable price. You have to do a little planning ahead when you want ice cream because you have to freeze the double insulated bowl for a minimum of 17 hours. I've taken to keeping mine in the freezer now so I can eliminate that step.

In a sauce pan (I used my cast iron skillet the first time and it worked like a charm and you get all those added health benefits- do what works best for you) heat the whipping cream, cacao powder, Xanthan, and Swerve until well combined and boiling. Mixture will begin thickening. Pour mixture into a heat safe bowl. Place bowl in an ice bath to begin cooling process. Place in refrigerator for about an hour (if this mixture is still warm the ice cream will be runny). Once cooled off setup the ice cream maker.

Turn the machine on. I didn't do this the first time and it wasn't pretty. Just trust me, turn the machine on before you pour anything in.

Pour in chocolatey mixture and almond milk and let the machine do its thing for the next half hour.

Serve immediately or store in air-tight container in freezer.

The last time I made this I had one serving left over, Mr. B opted for something else. The next day when I went to eat it the ice cream was frozen solid. I popped it into the microwave for 30 seconds to help the thawing process and it was AMAZING!

No comments: