Monday, June 09, 2014

Career Options

Last night The Boy Who Does Not Talk (much) came into the living room and though he didn't exactly say "Look at me! Look what I did" he had a bit of a smug look on his face. He was proud of himself. At first I noticed the blue maker on his leg as if he had gotten a little carried away. Then I saw the perfect "D" on his foot along with the now blue toenails. His fingernails were all this same shade of dark blue.  There was no way I could yell at him for what he had done. No sense in explaining that boys don't paint their nails, many boys do these days.  Besides, I only buy the washable markers and even if it didn't come right off what's the big deal, he's a little kid!  So I did what any good mother should do. I took his picture. I call the whole family in to see his accomplishment. Thank goodness this kid has some career choices.


  "Being a kid and growing up is such a cool part of life. When you're young, you have no worries, no drama, on your imagination. It's the best!" -Devon Werkheiser

No comments: