Friday, February 03, 2012

Getting Things Ready

With my birthday just a week away I'm trying to get a good start on the things I know I can have done before the busy day. Today I spent part of the day getting my valentines ready to go in the mail. Which reminds me, I need to get one address from my mom. Note to self....

I wrote out some cards to a couple of kids I know telling them that I think they're pretty awesome and to keep up the good work. I still have lots to do though. One of places we're going is the skating rink and I need about a hundred valentines ready to go into the shoes of these unknown to me children. It's a little thing, but a valentine and a piece of candy when they pick up their shoes might bring a smile to their faces. Candy usually works that way for me at least.

There are still plenty of things I need to do between now and then though. I need to clean out the closets and gather outgrown shoes and clothes for Soles for Souls and Hope Outreach.  And then there's the baking, but I'm saving that for the 10th so that everything will be good and fresh. And finally there are some phone calls to make. I'm exhausted already thinking about it, but it's going to be so worth it!

No comments: