Monday, February 19, 2007

You think it's bad...

So I haven't had the bestest last couple of days. But I refuse to let it get me down. Valentines day kinda sucked becuase our water pipes were frozen. They thawed out but Nickel and Peanut used up all the hot water that night so I had to wait for my shower. The kitchen sink still isn't pouring any water except through the sprayer...explain that one, please.

Thursday I decided to be sweet to my honey since V-Day sucked and buy us supper from one of our favorite resturants. I even got a happy meal for Peanut. By the time I got home I realized my honey was in a very very fowl mood. When he finally started talking he told me that the motor in the truck was locked up (luckily it waited to lock up until he was home!). Doesn't that sound like fun?

Friday we manged to work around everyones schedule to get Peanut to school, and he and I to work. I needed to have January balanced and reports ran by 5:00 pm because the finance team likes to have a look at it before their meeting which is Monday night, but that just didn't happen. The numbers refused to balance. Friday night I had a headache so bad I crawled very slowly to bed around 9. Woke up around midnight to the same intense throbbing. I crawled to the kitchen, found my migraine meds, some water, and a cold eye mask and crawled back to bed.

Saturday I got up and went back to work to attempt to get the numbers to jive. They did not. Two hours later I was so frustrated and my head was starting to hurt again that I went back home. I crashed on the couch and dozed off and on for about two hours before just watching TLC. Around three in the afternoon Nickel had figured out what was locking up the motor told me to go to bed (he could tell my head was really hurting again) and he took Peanut to the automotive store. I slept until 5 when the phone woke me up. Nickel had fixed his truck and it only cost me $108 bucks. Better then a car payment!

Sunday was pretty quite. I fixed breakfast and after two bites tossed mine. The eggs were under cooked, the pancakes over cooked and I wasn't in the mood. Peanut and I went to church and I'm sure glad I did. It was a wonderful service. The sermon was very touching and made me look at things a little different. The rest of the day was spent lounging. My headache was gone for the most part. We watched the beginning and the end of the NASCAR race and napped in the middle, the way it's suppose to be.

So now it's Monday. The meeting where my numbers have to jive is in 9 hours and thirteen minutes and I don't even want to look at those stupid numbers! But I must. I want to keep my job and I know my life will be so much easier when the numbers balance.


~Jennifer said...

Ouch! Reminds me of when I worked. I spent many a Saturday morning at work trying to get the numbers to work so I could get on with my weekend. It was usually a combination of little errors making the balance swing back and forth. I hope you got things under control and can relax by now.

Lynn said...

Oh, wow! I hope things are going better this week!

R said...

Yikes, I hope all has gone well.

We had a sink in a rental that only got water out from the sprayer before. There is a rubber washer or something that is blocking the main faucet's ability to get a flow. You should have a plumber look at it, regretfully enough.

Cindy said...

Oh, Leslee, I feel for ya with the numbers not jiving. I have that problem more often than I care to admit. But like Jennifer said, it's usually several little mistakes that eventually rear their ugly heads for correction. I often end up calling the pastor in for help if I can't get it after two or three thorough run throughs. He's a whiz and he never threatens to fire me...what a guy!

Hope things balanced for you. I know in my world, I am not at peace until they do.