Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tough Choices

I recently bought this book The Highlander's Touch, book 3 in Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series. The first two were wonderful with a perfect blend of paranormal, romance, and highlander historical fiction. I highly recommend this book to my friends that enjoy all of those qualities in books. And for the record I bought books 4 and 5 in the series as well, leaving books 6 and 7 for after the next pay check.

THEN a book I requested at the library came in. Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office by Jen Lancaster is a book I've been eyeing for nearly three years. From what I can tell this book is about a spoiled brat finally growing up. And it's funny. I mean, you can tell that just by the title, can't you? The prologue, the only part I had time to read during my break today was funny and I can only imagine what chapter 1 will entail.
But now I'm torn between really wanting to read two books. Well, in a way it's really 4 books because I have three book from the Karen Marie Moning series ready to read (we won't discuss the fact that Nickel gets paid tomorrow and would mean that I can go buy the last two for that series) and I have three whole weeks to read the Jen Lancaster book before it's due back at the library. Oh! What to do, what to do?!!

So many books, so little time.

3 comments:

Coasting Anon said...

I really disliked the Bitter book when I read it until at least half way through when it redeemed itself ( you'll see why) figured I'd let you know in case you hate her in the first few capters like I did :)

Leslee said...

I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

seethroughfaith said...

just keep reading ...