Sunday, January 15, 2012

T Minus 26 Days and counting

When you last heard from me on this blog I was telling you about a crazy idea for my birthday. Well guess what, my birthday is closer and I'm still on board for this crazy idea.

What crazy idea? Well, in case you have slept since my last post, or are just too lazy to scroll down a tiny bit to read it I'll recap. Ready?

33 Acts of Kindness
1 Day

There, now you're up to date.

Today I had a late lunch with my truly amazing and talented friend Eric (FollowEricdotCom). Eric has masterfully coordinated a few blog-a-thons (which you can read about on his blog) in the recent past and I decided if my plan was to work I needed someone even better than me at planning this day out.

I went in to our meeting with a list of a baker's dozen of intentional acts of kindness I'd like to accomplish. Only one did we really cross off. Giving blood would be great but I can't actually give blood, I had just written it down after seeing it listed on a website.

Throughout our meal we brainstormed and I was in awe of how much we came up with. Our list doubled in just an hour with the possibility of more after some phone calls are made.

Giving to local charities is high on list as is giving to people who serve our community. I see a lot of baking in my future.

Do you want to help?

Several of my friends have expressed the desire to help out with a couple of the Intentional Ats of Kindness but don't want to commit to the whole day. That is fine! In our next meeting Eric and I (and anyone else that wants to join in on the fun) are going to map out our plan of attack. Because of the time limits I have placed on myself (roughly 12 hours) we want to minimize travel time and will zone these acts of kindness the best we can. Anyone interested in helping can comment here on the blog, comment or message me on facebook, or call/text me if you have my number.

Want to help but can't be in Enid or just have other plans on February 11th? Well, we're taking donations. Gently used clothes, shoes, and canned goods will all be donated to various charities throughout the day. You can give me any of those items up until we drop off.

Like to bake? Well, I have a list of baked goodies I'd like to pass out from sugarfree (or rather Splenda-made) cookies, to brownies and cupcakes.

I'm really looking forward to my birthday and I hope that follow along and join in with your own intentional acts of kindness!

No comments: