Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Prayer Request

Hello friends, I hate to be so depressing but lately it feels like that's all I'm surrounded by.

Last night a group of four friends ages 18-20 were driving home to Enid from Tulsa and were tragically killed in a collision. Isaac, the oldest of the bunch, was an acquaintance of mine. We met last year in dance. He was one of the sweetest people I've ever known. The oldest of 8 or 9 kids he never met a stranger.

Want to hear something ironic? This last weekend his family held a going away party for him as he was about to leave for a year on a mission trip. He got to see all his family and close friends and tell them goodbye. For years he has participated in a Easter Drama called Eternal Crossings. He played a guy that was killed in a car accident and went to Heaven. No one doubts that that is where he is today. The church that is trying to organize the funeral for the four kids stopped by my work today to see if our facility was available and how many it would accommodate. Usually we have a couple things booked every day of the year unless the facilities are closed. Well, this weekend we just so happen to have not one single thing booked in our facilities. Seems, God's been working in this situation for a few years, doesn't it.

Please, take a moment today to pray for the families that were effected by this tragedy. Pray also for their friends and the lives they've touched their short time here on earth.

Thank you.

7 comments:

jo(e) said...

That's so young! What a tragedy.

I have both an eighteen-year-old and a twenty-year-old. My heart just goes out to those families. How very, very difficult.

I will keep them all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Pray For the Fosters also they lost thier 19 year-old daughter

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life just is so, so sad :´(

Leslee said...

The families effected were King, Foster, Davis, and Dillon. All these families need prayer.

Cindy said...

I didn't know these young people but my pastor and many in our church did. It's a huge tragedy.

They will be in my prayers.

will smama said...

Lord, hear our prayers...

HeyJules said...

Leslee, you sure seem to be in the middle of it all this summer, don't you? I'll keep these people in my prayers. You too. I know its been a rough one.