Saturday, May 12, 2012

Time

Time has a way of passing without one really noticing. Or we notice but still it seems to take us off guard, or at least it does me. Tonight I was having a serious conversation with Peanut that as a mother I'd hoped to never have but knew it was necessary.

During our conversation we were talking about online privacy and I explained that on this blog she always has been and always will be known as Peanut. For the most part only friends and family read this blog but it is an open blog and according to my site meter people from all over the world have at least stumbled upon the blog.

Peanut later asked what exactly was a blog. She's known about mine for years but wanted to see it. So I pulled it up and showed her some of the funny things she has said over the years. Conversations that made me laugh and wanted to remember for all time. She was highly amused and impressed with herself. The pictures made her laugh and on more than one occasion she said "I was so little!".

Yes, she was. In many ways she still is but time is passing and with it each day she grows not just in stature but in maturity and wisdom. There will come a time in the next few years when her bones will set and I won't have to buy whole new wardrobes every year. Both happy and sad that day will be.

I'm glad that even though I didn't write much for a few years there I kept this blog. I had on more than one occasion thought about deleting it but always stopped myself. This way, I can keep track of time as it slips past me like a ninja. And Peanut and Butter can look at it in years to come and see what I had to say, what they had to say, and follow time's progression in our lives.

"Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past."
1936 Poem, ‘Burnt Norton’, by T S Eliot (1888 – 1965)

No comments: