Tuesday, May 22, 2012

School's Out for Summer!

Catchy title, huh? Kinda makes you want to sing a song. Now if only you could remember the rest of the words to that song. I'd google them but I really don't care.

Yeah, I just said that.

I'm a librarian and I'm not going to take the time to find the answer and you can't make me.

So mleh.

Speaking of librarians, this video was messaged to my from a Melodious friend. She asked when I started doing commercials. I could do this. Watch.

So this actress is probably 10 years younger and 10 or 15 a lot of pounds lighter, but still, she looks Just. Like. Me!

Anywho, that's wasn't my purpose of blogging today. This was suppose to be about school being out.

Peanut has completed the 6th grade. Her teachers even decided it would be a good idea for her to go on to 7th grade next year. Amazing. Seriously, amazing.

I remember 7th grade. I remember my mother praying a lot that year, well actually she prayed a lot for three years.  I'm pretty sure she was tempted to put arsonic in my dinner because really, who likes to be around 7th, 8th, or 9th graders? I look back at that time in my life and I shudder. Maybe we all went through that stage where our mother made us clothes that looked similar to sofa covers, black with huge pink flowers and the sailor collars. I shudder because I thought I looked so pretty. It's no wonder I didn't have many friends then. (side note: I did have some friends and I'm even still friends with people who knew me back then, they're awesome for not remembering the huge pink flowered outfit I wore like every other day) I didn't really make friends until 10th grade when I became almost normal again. Almost. I hear we all went through an awkward stage during Jr High but I don't remember anyone else being awkward. Maybe I just have selective memory.

Butter, also finished up a school year. He only went the last 9 weeks. Had I known there was a program for 3 year olds with speech delays I probably still would've been in denial and not attempted to get him in the program earlier. He's coming along. We can understand one in every thirty words now!  (maybe a hint of sarcasm) He really likes school and riding the school bus, but he's missed being able to take an afternoon nap. So I'm hoping that he'll deal with daycare knowing that he gets to take a nap all summer. Not the same, I know. I mean, if it were me I'd rather take a nap than get on a bus and go to school, but to each their own.

So we have no big plan for the summer. Peanut's going to spend some time in the beautiful side of the state with my parents and going to camp. I loved church camp growing up but you couldn't pay me to go now. I value my sleep too much. But other than that not much happening around here. Just work. And lots of heat.

And to celebrate the first night of summer vacation I think I'll go to bed early.

I'm such a grown up. Dang it.

1 comment:

ibmelodious said...

Stop reminding me about those sailor outfits. I actually wanted one because all the cool kids were wearing them, but I never got one. So, THERE...you were a cool kid, but you thought you were awkward. That's....awkward.