Sunday, October 23, 2005

Halloween

I have this same post here, but I wanted to see what the rest of you had to share. So for those of you who read both sites, sorry this is a re-run for you.


Ok, I know there are people out there that don't celebrate Halloween because it's an evil holiday and for those people, I say :-p "ptttttttthhhhhhhh! WHATEVER!"

Growing up Halloween was so fun. When else did you get to get all dressed up, have a party at school, and get so much candy your teeth hurt until Christmas! Some of my favorite costumes I remember were the clown, witches, oh then I was a punk-rocker--where I wore my mom's really really blue eyeshadow and red lipstick and my hair in a pony tail on the side of my head! Then towards the end of my dressing up years I started dressing up as the grim reaper. I made my own costume out of my older-taller brother's graduation robe (black of course) and I had a short black slip that had a slit in it so I wore this over my head and tucked it into the graduation robe. I pulled my long hair back into a pony tail so no one could see it. I painted my face white and outlined my lips and eyes in black eyeliner. I was around 16 or so at the time so I handed out candy dressed like this. It was so fun!What are your favorite halloween memories?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halloween was always fun growing up! My Mom came up with the coolest costumes - never a store bought thing in my childhood. A couple of my favorites growing up were the year I was a bride - quite fetching at about 4 or 5 - and this incredible martian my mom concocted out of very green double knit. I even had gloves to match with long pointy fingers.

The fun didn't stop when I was too old to trick-or-treat. No - my sister was 13 years younger than I. Bless her heart, we did her up right every year.....blue smurfette, witch with the coolest hair ever, etc...

My Mom has even whipped up a few costumes in my adult years.

To those who do not know this fun - you have missed out.

a friend