Monday, June 05, 2006

The BEST compliment of my life

Ok, I wish I had a bunch of really really cool pictures to show you of this amazing weekend, but I don't really have much. My mom took this picture of me. I was obviously standing on the stage and she wasn't. Not my best angle, but it's what I have to share with the class so here you go.



Maybe I'll come across some better pictures and post them. This weekend was amazing. We had dress rehersal Friday morning and it went as smoothly as dress rehearsals do. Our first performance was Friday night and it was amazing. I think even the girls who had done this before were a little jittery from nerves. There was this one piece that about made me cry everytime I watched it. It was the Ballet 1 class and they did a cute little piece and then their daddies came out on stage and picked them up like the big ballerinas. I don't know how Ms Nikki got the dads to do it, but they stole the show!

Saturday morning after taking us out to breakfast I took my mom to my favorite coffee shop where I got the BEST compliment of my whole life! This girl comes out of the back and says, "Hey! Weren't you one of those dancers from last night?" I was shocked and amazed! I was out of the setting. In street clothes. And she, who up to that point had never met me before recognized me! I had to pick my jaw up off the floor to talk to her! She and I talked for a few moments about how she had friends in the Hip Hop dance and how great the show had been and how she was planning to come see it again that night. It was pretty cool. Then this morning I stopped in on my way to work and she was there again. "You're name's Leslee, right?" she says to me. It wasn't hard to figure out my name. It was listed in the program for both Peanut's dance (I played a part in her dance) and the adult jazz I was in. But I still thought it was cool that I was recognized. I feel like a star!

7 comments:

Girl said...

Wow...that IS cool! Any papparazi around?

Cindy said...

I REALLY want to go to the next one of these you have. I love dance and would have enjoyed seeing you two in action. You probably won't have one again for a while but do keep us informed, okay?

Leslee said...

Girl, does my mom count as papparazi?

Cindy, I'll do that!

jo(e) said...

Can I have your autograph?

Leslee said...

Yes, but you have to email me your address so I know where to send it. LOL!

~Jennifer said...

How cool! I never could have done that in a million years. You rock!

Sally said...

How wonderful- glad you had such a great time...