Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hay

We went to the grocery store today. I let Nickel and Peanut pick out food they wanted to eat while I was gone. I won't even begin to tell you how much of it was junk food. I guess they'll survive though. As we were heading home a large truck carrying hay passed us.

Peanut: Why does that truck have a bunch of grass?

Daddy: It's hay.

Peanut: It's grass.

Daddy: Sorta. Cows and horses eat it.

Peanut: Cows and horses eat grass.

Daddy: Ok.

Peanut: Oh, I bet it's going to Egypt for Baby Moses.

4 comments:

Madcap said...

Oh, I miss that age. (Smack me, someone! I think I must be suffering amnesia!)

Jenn said...

that is SOOO cute. I love the way they think...

Leslee said...

I miss knowing everything. The older I get the more I realize i don't know everything and it's kind of depressing.

grannyfiddler said...

... a little guy in one of my kids' kindergarten years ago complained of the smell of a manure pile, at a field trip to a far. the teacher said, "that's manure." the child snorted in disgust, "you're not fooling me. i know s**t when i smell it."