Monday, October 16, 2006

The bad news...with a twist of good

Yes, faithful readers, I was in a car accident Friday. It was my fault because the sun is not liable even when it obstructs vision. I was heading south. I had a stop sign, which I stopped at, looked east and got a big eyeful of sunshine. The west bound truck did not have a stop sign. It wasn't until I heard the sound of metal crunching did I see him. The kid (he's just in highschool) had sped up to make the light and didn't see me pull out. I of course got the ticket for failure to yeild and he got a pass to school and no ticket. That's fine, he really didn't do anything wrong and he couldn't have been going terribly fast for there to only be this much damage. Poor kid, he was nice and so was his dad who showed up a few minutes after the accident. Neither of them yelled at me or acted immaturely which I appreciated because I was a basket case until Nick showed up about 25 minutes later (he works out of town and took a little while to get to me). Here's what my car looks like now. The body shop guys were nice enough to put some plastic over the non-exsitant window to protect it from the rain.

See how the wheel's going to the inside? That's the result of a bent strut. The wheel itself is in actually pretty good condition. The door is made of plastic so it popped out making it look better then it is. It's torn so the door would have to be replaced... if they didn't total it, which we're 99.998% sure they will.

Again, I'm fine. I was really sore on Saturday which made Peanut's soccer game almost unbearable (especially since my chair was still in the back of the camaro and the body shop was closed so we couldn't go get it) and then we went car shopping. Here's the one I'm buying. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow if everything goes well. Believe it or not, it's not a Chevrolet and it's not a camaro. It's a Nissan Maxima. I might name her Maxie... but then again maybe not. She's white, but there's a pearl color to her paint which the picture gives not justice for. I know I know, pigs and monkeys are flying somewhere in the world right now!


Saturday we took a little break from the car shopping to let Peanut do something fun. For the low low price of free she got to play in dirt and plant this airplane plant. I don't know what happened to the pansies but she was just as happy with this one. She first named it Airplane, but now is leaning more towards Roger. I have NO clue where she came up with that name. Most of the time she names things after her friends, but I haven't heard of a Roger before. I think it fits the plant though. It should grow beautifully with her saying, "Hello Roger" every morning.

Blogger seems to think I've met my image quota for the day and won't let me upload the pictures of Peanut and Roger so I'll have to try again later. Thanks for all your well wishes!

6 comments:

Lisa Chapmond said...

Sorry about your car... Glad you are ok... But you get a new car and new things are always fun...

Have a great week..
Lisa

Suzy-Q said...

Are we CAR TWINS now???!!!! :o)

simple faith said...

Don't you have a thing for the name Pearl?

Whistle Britches said...

Never let AJ drive your Maxima, no matter how much pizza you've eaten.
She loves to put little dings and dents in them....

Cathy said...

If you were a knitter, you could name it Purl :)

So glad you are ok!

Anonymous said...

ha, your buying AJ's car, minus the fin