Friday, October 13, 2006

Fall

Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I love the leaves turning their beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red. I love bringing out my snuggly clothes and laying in bed or on the couch with a good book (like Pride and Prejudice). I love the crispness of the air as the temperature starts to descend and I love that it's not quite cold yet. I fall in love with the blueness of the sky each October as it seems to be more brilliant even if just for a moment. But that's just the kinda girl I am. I love fall, hate winter (it's too cold for me).

Peanut is a girl of summer. She loves long days. She loves playing outside for hours. She loves wearing tank tops and shorts. She doesn't like fall so much. Oh, she likes breaking out the winter wardrobe but she'd rather not actually wear it everyday. She needs to feel the warm sun on her skin. This hasn't exactly been the week of warm sun. While I'm enjoying the cooler weather she's not. She's been very agitated this week and I think it has a lot to do with the lack of warm weather in her life. I hope she adjusts to this weather quickly (because I'm not ready for her to start tanning just for the warmth)!

I am trying to teach her that there are good things about fall. The first cup of hot chocolate (I need to go buy a new thermos for this weekend's soccer game), snuggling on the couch to watch a good movie, planting pansies that will survive long after the other flowers in our lives fade away. In fact, for those of you in the area Plants A Plenty is holding a free fall workshop for kids this weekend. You have to call and register them so look the number up if you want to go. Peanut is going. They're going to get to play in dirt and plant some of those pansies for free! I'm sure this is to get the parents there so they'll buy stuff while waiting on their cherub faced children. I'll probably work too. I'm a sucker when it comes to flowers...if you haven't guessed.

5 comments:

Whistle Britches said...

Thanks for sharing that...
You brought a tear to my eye...
Or is that fall allergies?

Whistle Britches said...

I been hibpnotiized!!

Leslee said...

Um... are you mocking me?

Anonymous said...

was just raking the leaves and found one enormous maple ... there's a photo of my place.

I'm more of a spring/summer person but I love the colours of autumn and the sun when it shines is beautiful

hot chocolate mmmmmm

Whistle Britches said...

Never, not me, no way.
Huh-uh.