Monday, September 26, 2005

I need a break!

It's Monday. I don't hate Mondays, but I like to be refreshed. I don't feel refreshed, I'm tired. This weekend was a busy weekend. All we did was go go go! It wasn't until about 5 pm Sunday night did I sit down to relax and was in bed asleep by 9:30. Dang, I'm not old, but I sure felt like it! Well... my doctor did tell me a few months ago that I'm not as young as I use to be. Of course he's almost old enough to be my dad.....

Saturday morning we got up and ran to KMart (I HATE Walmart and those are my only two choices). Peanut had a soccer game at 1 (she plays in the U6 girls league which doesn't keep score or have loosers). She scored the first goal of the game in the first game of the season. Her daddy, the ex-soccer player now coach, was so proud. Of course so was mommy who was getting a sunburn on the sidelines. That evening her Papa and Grami picked her up and took her and her cousin to the races. They had a blast! I went to a bacherolette party and Nickel went to the bacholer party. We both had a good time. Niether were wild vulgar parties, as so often these parties turn into and I was very glad because I didn't want to be the party pooper and get up and leave, which I would have if it did. I got home around 10pm and Nickel just before midnight. I stayed up and watched a couple of showed I had recorded on the DVR to unwind until Nickel got home.

Sunday I didn't really sleep in but moved slower, I just couldn't convince myself to move any faster. Staying up late can do that do ya. Then I had to go pick up Peanut from Papa's house. When I got there she was still in pjs eating breakfast so I visited with the family for a little while. We missed Sunday School but made it in time for service. Of course the message was about obedience... I needed to hear it, we probably all need to be remined about obedience. After eating a quick bite we took off for the wedding shower that was 45 minutes away. That lasted an hour and one of Nickel's grandmother's lives that way so we stopped in and visited for an hour an a half. Peanut and I had a quite evening to make up for our busy weekend. We played My Little Pony Pictionary. She won, and I didn't even try to loose. We watched some tv. Daddy had gone to the races so he didn't get home until about 8 pm and he brought icecream! Then the bedtime ritual began, you know, bath and the "I'm hungry" and "I'm thirsty" lines.

I think I'll take October 8th off. I'm going to unplug the phones, the cell phone batter run down and "forget" to recharge it. There better be food in the house because I'm not going to the store. I may or may not take my morning shower. I'm going to stay in pajamas all day! I'm going to lay in bed and watch TLC's Trading Spaces, What Not to Wear, In a Fix, and While You Were Out all day. I might even read a book. I'll probably take 2 or 3 naps. That's what weekends are SUPPOSE to be anyway. It's kinda sad that I have to plan an actual weekend two weekends in advance... oh well, something to look forward to.

No comments: