Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Bored


As I've said before, I grew up far far from anywhere at all. During the LONGGGGG summer breaks (yes, I was ALWAYS ready for school to start in the fall) we participated in the library program. I don't remember if it was a summer thing or a year round thing, details such as this have escaped me, but I'm sure my mother would know. Anyway, my favorite books to get were the Garfield cartoon books. I would read them over and over again. One of my favorite cartoons was where Garfield was hanging on a screen door for for several panes he says, "I'm bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored..." you get the picture. That cartoon has stuck with me for probably 20 years. So last night I was sitting on the couch watching tv thinking how boring it was because Peanut was in Tulsa having a GREAT time with her grandma, Nickel was playing a computer game that I haven't been able to tear him away from in MONTHS, and though I had stuff to do, I was bored.

Anyway, just thought I'd tell you that. Maybe tonight I'll get myself motivated to do all that house work I want to be done before Peanut comes home for her birthday party.

2 comments:

Girl said...

Isn't that so ironic? We go so fast for so long, longing for a break...and then we get one and feel bored...or guilty that we aren't doing something.

I need to learn to relax better.

Leslee said...

Girl, we need to learn to take monthly trips to the spa!