Monday, April 24, 2006

Bedtime Stories

My friends Emma Sometimes and SusiebadoozieQzee (Lord help me if I spelled that wrong) were talking about some of things we parents hear at bedtime and what we'd like to answer their questions with.

Then I put Peanut to bed. To say that putting Peanut to bed is a chore would be THE understatement of the year! No, make that decade! No! Make that century!!! But I digress.

These are some of the things I heard tonight.

Peanut: Mom, why is Texas not in Oklahoma?
Me: They joined the Union before we did. Go to sleep.
Peanut: What's a Union?
Me: The United States. Be quite and go to sleep.
Peanut: I don't like going to bed. I don't like going to sleep. I don't like being in my room. I don't like being in my bed. I don't like (she went on until I could walk into her room but I quit listening)...
Me: Look, I know you don't like being in your room, your bed or going to slee-
Peanut: Or in a cage.
Me: (maybe I should have kept listening to her list of dislikes... I was trying very hard not to laugh but of course I was NOT suceeding very well) Yes... (trying very hard to regain composure) I suppose being in a cage would be a bad thing and if you don't go to sleep right now I'm going to go buy a cage to put you in NOW GO TO SLEEP!!!
Peanut: Will you buy a pink one?
Me: GO TO SLEEP!!!!!

8 comments:

EmmaSometimes said...

HAHAHA!!

PS.
I think you can get the pink ones on Ebay....

Badoozie said...

oh my. isn't it insane how they avoid going to sleep? and by our age, all we want is to go off to bed. we live the entire day waiting for bedtime. oh. the sweet bliss of slumber.

madcapmum said...

Yes, Poppy's long-lost twin! For a while when she was younger we had to put a lock on the outside of her door so the REST of us could get some sleep!

What a funny girl!

HeyJules said...

Hahaha....little kids are the best!

Cindy said...

How cute!

I agree with Susiewhatshername, I wish someone would just send me to bed!!

Leslee said...

Amen! Some one send me to bed right now!!!

Leslee said...

Emma, I bet you only know that you can buy those on Ebay because you've looked!

Susie, my bed is my favorite part of my house

Mum, Peanut doesn't have a door to her room (long story) so I'm forced to listen or at least half listen to her.

Jules, want her for a few days?

Jackie said...

that was too funny! I laughed out loud, and had to read that to everyone at work!