Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Trust-- can you do it?

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Trusting God... You would think the concept to be an easy one. I mean, it sounds logical doesn't it? But it is much easier to sit in church on Sunday morning then it is to allow him to direct us to the path of life He has chosen for us. It's easy to believe that God heals the sick until it's your parent or child suffering with some terminal illness. It's easy to believe that God is with us each moment until we find ourselves in the darkest shadow of our lives.

I remember saying to my mother during my darkest shadow, 'I feel God, He's here with me, but I cannot see him.' Oh, how it scared me so to know that I couldn't find God anywhere I turned. It seemed as though I was surrounded by evil. And how much I wanted to believe that God really was working this problem out for me. It was later reveled to me by my very dear charismatic friend that the reason I couldn't see God was because he had my back! Oh, what a wonderful image. I found much more comfort in her telling me these words then I had had in many many months of searching for God on my own.

I don't know why I'm writing this today. For some reason this verse and memory has been laid on my heart. I pray that who ever it is meant for, that you will take comfort in knowing that even if you can't see Him, God has your back!

No comments: