Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yesterday I spent the day with my husband's grandmother at the hospital. You may recall she broke her hip on Friday. She's doing just fine when she's in a good mood. I had only intended on spending an hour or two with her yesterday to talk to the doctors as they did their morning rounds. But then the black sheep showed up. Well to make a very long (and probably boring) story short her mood in one hour went from a happy mood loving everyone on staff to being grumpy and hating the physical therapists and nurses. So, I decided I needed to stay and work damage control. The wonderful son decided to take a cigarette break (luckily for me it last over 2 hours) so during this time I reminded her how good she was being treated there, how wonderful her breakfast was, and we watched The Golden Girls and another old sitcom. After watching an hour of mind numbing TV her mood was completely reversed and she was a happy girl again. It's amazing what Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and Sophia can do for a little old lady's mood.

Today I told the nurses that she really liked The Golden Girls. Of course she told them she didn't, but I told it will help her be in a happy mood if they could make sure she watched it. The nurse said she understood and would to make sure she got to watch it in the morning.


Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.
And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.